First Look at Joel Embiid’s Under Armor Shoe
The long awaited “Embiid One” from Under Armor finally popped up on the Twitter timeline today straight from the man himself.
— Joel “Do a 180” Embiid??? (@JoelEmbiid) August 7, 2020
Embiid’s signature shoe will make him the 16th current NBA player, and the only current NBA Center, to have their own shoe. They will be available September 18th for purchase.
A closer look at Embiid signature Under Armour sneakers he’s debuting tonight pic.twitter.com/xoA1gJBuuJ
— Kyle Neubeck (@KyleNeubeck) August 7, 2020
Signature shoes incorporate the athlete’s design and performance feedback throughout the creative process and include a 5% royalty from the sales of each pair, per ESPN’s Nick DePaula.
Other players with signature shoes:
- Nike: LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Paul George, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Adidas: James Harden, Damian Lillard, Derrick Rose, Donovan Mitchell
- Under Armour: Steph Curry, Joel Embiid
- Jordan Brand: Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul
- New Balance: Kawhi Leonard
- Anta: Klay Thompson
- K8iros: Spencer Dinwiddie – which is his own brand.
The Process continues. pic.twitter.com/BS7hjzjWfd
— Under Armour (@UnderArmour) August 2, 2020