King Gillie talks the truth about Ben Simmons on Showtime’s All The Smoke
Gillie and Wallo joined the “All The Smoke” on Showtime, hosted by Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. The full episode drops on December 2nd. The two Philadelphia natives will likely join the show to discuss a bunch of different NBA topics, but of course, we’re here to talk about this clip about Ben Simmons which was released on YouTube a few days ago.
Here are some key statements made that I absolutely agree with in regards to Ben Simmons and the 76ers organization.
- Ben Simmons is a disappointment.
- When you say you would rather go to mental protocol rather than play basketball, what you have been doing your whole life, then you’re just fucking scared to step on the floor in front of Philadelphia 76ers fans.
- If we would have shipped Ben Simmons to Sacramento, he would have been playing.
- It’s not even about shooting, it’s about being aggressive and staying aggressive.
- Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons were dominant when playing together.
- There’s no accountability or willingness to get better from Ben Simmons.
- Brett Brown handicapped Ben Simmons.
- Brett Brown and the 76ers let Ben Simmons do whatever he wanted. They never forced him to get better or work on his jump shot.
- They should have told Ben Simmons when he first got to Philadelphia that he needs to shoot the basketball.
- Ben Simmons can’t be a point guard on the 76ers, with a dominant center in Joel Embiid, and not shoot the basketball.
- If Ben Simmons doesn’t shoot the basketball, what’s the point in opposing teams doubling Embiid.
- The 76ers had a real chance to win a title when you surround Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid with shooters. When you don’t have consistent shooters, it exposes Ben Simmons.
Wallo and Gillie both shoutout Ben Simmons and say that they like his game. Wallo then continues saying that he’s a sports analyst (lol) and that Doc Rivers has fucked up Ben Simmons game and that the issues aren’t Ben Simmons, but rather Doc Rivers’ “dumb shit.”
I am fully aware that Wallo is just talking out of his ass. I shouldn’t even have to say that, but after tweeting out a video Ben Simmons’ jump shot yesterday and saying “Ben Simmons’ jumper looking CLEAN” while hundreds of people replied and quote tweeted dumb replies saying “nO iT dOeSn’T LOL”, apparently I need to to work on my humor and sarcasm.
Definitely check out the full clip. Gillie speaks the truth on the current state of NBA players and how legends like Magic, Jordan, and Bird would have never been in this type of situation.