Beercan Bets Week 6: Fresh Start in Chi-Town
Beercan Bets is back this week starting from scratch. Last week saw the Lakers lose to the Clippers and send us plummeting all the way back to a $25 starting deposit.
These things happen. The road from $25 to $25,000 was never going to be smooth.
Just a reminder on how Beercan Bets works:
- Download the Parx Sportsbook app and enter the code LIBERTYLINE with your initial $25 deposit.
- (Note: If you have been following along feel free to skip this part and just move right to step 2.)
- Select one moneyline bet to wager the full $25 (or previous week’s winnings) on.
- Win. (We messed up this part of the process last week.)
- Apply the total amount won to another single moneyline bet next week.
- Repeat steps 2 thru 5 until we have accumulated $25,000 in winnings.
Tonight’s NBA Game:
Timberwolves vs Bulls (8:00 PM EST)
This week I’m looking for the best value I can find. I believe I’ve found it in the Timberwolves vs. Bulls tonight.
Karl Anthony Towns and the Timberwolves have won seven of their last ten and have seen their chemistry improve as the season has gone on. However Anthony Edwards is questionable to play tonight but if he does suit up, he’ll likely make a big impact on the outcome of the game. One player who we know will be out is Patrick Beverly.
Beverly’s absence likely means a big game should be incoming for Zach LaVine. LaVine has done particularly well against the Timberwolves, and there is no reason to assume that trend will stop tonight. This is one of those games where I’m so positive I know what’s going to happen, I know something terrible is going to happen.
Will DeMar DeRozan spontaneously combust? Will KAT be possessed by the spirit of Wilt Chamberlain and score 100 points? We’ll see. I’m sticking with what my gut and research are telling me is the sure thing.
Given the injury issues the Timberwolves are dealing with I feel like the Bulls are a great value at -150.
Mandatory Credit: AP Photo