Doc Rivers is taking the 76ers to Charleston, South Carolina for training camp this season
Doc Rivers and the Philadelphia 76ers are hitting the road for training camp this season.
Reported yesterday by Marc J. Spears on ESPN’s NBA Today, Rivers told him that the team will be heading to Charleston, South Carolina before the start of the 2022-23 NBA season.
Rivers is no stranger to taking his team’s somewhere else besides their usual training complex for camp. When he was with the Celtics, he took the team to Burlington, Vermont and then traveled to Europe ahead of Bostons 2007-08 championship season. When he was with the Los Angeles Clippers, the team went to Hawaii.
After two years of dealing with a ridiculous amount of COVID restrictions and keeping practice at home in Camden, the team will be heading to South Carolina this year.
Honestly, I’m a fan. It’s always nice to get out of the usual routine and as far away from Camden as possible. Charleston is a solid choice. I’m a frequent visitor of Savannah, Georgia and more specifically, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
It’s a great area down there. The Low Country is super slow paced and Charleston is a good time.
Let’s just hope the 76ers marketing team makes the most of the opportunity and films a full reality TV series with the team all in one-place. I would love a Real NBA Basketball Team of Charleston YouTube series with all the fellas mixing it up in some huge mansion down south.
Sounds great doesn’t it?
76ers Charleston House Content Ideas:
- James Harden out late partying and drinking his new wine.
- Joel Embiid playing pranks on his teammates.
- No body wanting to be stuck rooming with Furkan Korkmaz.
- Rookie hazing.
- Matisse Thybulle holistic medicine routine and him thanking everyone for not taking practice to Canada.
- Tobias Harris book club.
- Georges Niang reading tweets and trashing anyone that says he stinks.
- PJ Tucker being the dad of the house.
- Danuel House Jr bringing home new girls every single night.
- Tyrese Maxey Marvel movie reviews.
The list goes on and on and the content ideas are endless. Someone tell the 76ers to reach out to me and we’ll get to work.