2022 Tour Championship: Odds, Best Bets, and Sleeper Picks for the Last Weekend of the Golf Season
The 2022 Tour Championship kicks off today, with the best 29 golfers of the year squaring off at East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta, Georgia.
Tour Championship Thursday Tee Times
- 11:45 AM: Aaron Wise
- 11:55 AM: Adam Scott and Sahith Theegala
- 12:05 PM: JT Potson and K.H Lee
- 12:15 PM: Brian Harman and Corey Connors
- 12:25 PM: Tom Hoge and Billy Horschel
- 12:35 PM: Collin Morikawa and Viktor Hovland
- 12:45 PM: Jordan Spieth and Joaquin Niemann
- 12:55 PM: Max Homa and Hideki Matsuyama
- 1:05 PM: Matthew Fitzpatrick and Cameron Young
- 1:15 PM: Scott Stallings and Justin Thomas
- 1:25 PM: Sungjae Im and Jon Rahm
- 1:35 PM: Sepp Straka and Tony Finau
- 1:45 PM: Cameron Smith and Rory McIlroy
- 1:55 PM: Sam Burns and Xander Schauffele
- 2:05 PM: Scottie Scheffler and Patrick Cantlay
Patrick Cantlay is coming off a huge win at the BMW Championship down at Wilmington Country Club and is currently coming in as the 2nd lowest odds at +380 (via FanDuel), behind just Scottie Scheffler who is +200 to win outright.
This year’s Tour Championship consists of just 29 players, rather than 30, after rising star Will Zalatoris was forced to drop out of the event, along with the BMW Championship last weekend, due to a lingering back injury.
DraftKings – Bet $5, Get $200 FREE
DraftKings is offering new users $200 FREE after you place a $5.00 wager on any NFL or College Football game. Consider it a cheat code to bankroll your Tour Championship bets.
The Tour Championship will be running off of a previously ranked stroke format. The higher you are in the FedEx Rankings, the more strokes you have gained on other players.
For example…Scottie Scheffler, who is #1 in total points in 2022, starts the tournament at -10. Patrick Cantlay starts at -8, and Xander Schauffele starts at -6. Check out the full pre-rankings here.
Here’s where the odds currently stand on the 2022 Tour Championship.
FanDuel Sportsbook – Bet $5, Get $150 FREE
FanDuel is offering ALL NEW USERS $150 FREE if you sign up for a new account and place a $5.00 wager on ANY SPORT.
It’s a little tougher to find value in these odds compared to normal tournaments, strictly based on the strokes gained from the start. Xander Schauffele at +600 is a bet that I like coming into this week, along with Rory McIlroy at +900.
Favorite Bets of the Weekend
- Leader After Round 1: Scottie Scheffler -140
- Top 5: Tony Finau +210
- Top 10: Max Homa +270
- Outright Winner: Scottie Scheffler +200
- Outright Winner: Rory McIlroy at +900.
Max Homa finishing Top 10 is probably my biggest sleeper pick of the weekend. He is starting ranked as the 15th golfer in the tournament and kicking off his day at 2 under. Homa played a great BMW Championship, especially with his putter, making every single putt under 10 feet on Friday and Saturday.