NFL Awards: Eagles make history with 5th consecutive Player of the Week
For the fifth week in a row, an Eagles player has won a Player of the Week award.
This week, rookie kicker Cameron Dicker was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week for his efforts vs. Arizona.
NFC Players of the Week! (Week 5)@T_Hill4 | @MicahhParsons11 | @camerondicker pic.twitter.com/pzOXGvMGzd— NFL (@NFL) October 12, 2022
Filling in for an injured Jake Elliott, Dicker delivered on both field goal attempts — a 42-yard kick to put the Eagles up seven in the third quarter and the eventual game-winning 23-yarder. He also nailed both PAT attempts.
With Dicker’s award, the Eagles are the first team since 1991 to have a Player of the Week in each of the first five weeks.
- Week 1: Zech McPhearson — NFC Special Teams PotW
- Week 2: Darius Slay — NFC Defensive PotW
- Week 3: Brandon Graham — NFC Defensive PotW
- Week 4: Haason Reddick — NFC Defensive PotW
- Week 5: Cameron Dicker — NFC Special Team PotW
- September: Jalen Hurts — NFC Offensive PotM
The #Eagles are just the second #NFL team to win at least one Player of the Week award in each of the first 5 weeks of a season, joining the 1991 Bills.— John Gonoude (@john_gonoude) October 12, 2022
Philadelphia is also the first team since the 2005 Bears (Weeks 8-12) to win Player of the Week honors in 5 consecutive weeks.
DraftKings Sportsbook: Bet $5, Win $200
- Sign up for a new DraftKings account
- Make Your First Deposit
- Place a $5 money line bet on any NFL game
- Get $200 In Free Bets Instantly
Bet on FanDuel | Bet on DraftKings | Bet on BetMGM
Mandatory Credit: Ross D. Franklin | AP