Preview: 76ers looking for third straight win, will host the Milwaukee Bucks tonight in South Philly
The Philadelphia 76ers and Milwaukee Bucks will meet for the second time this season tonight at the Wells Fargo Center.
The Sixers will be looking for their third straight win after having the week off, thanks to two dominant performances from Joel Embiid last weekend. They currently sit at 7-7 on the year after a slow start in which they lost four of its first five games.
Embiid earned Eastern Conference Player of the Week honors after a dominant four-game stretch last week, highlighted by two games over the weekend where he scored 42 points against the Atlanta Hawks and a career-high 59 points against the Utah Jazz on Sunday night.
Despite their offensive struggles, the Sixers continue to be one of the best defensive teams in the NBA, allowing the fifth-lowest points per 100 possessions. Over the last two weeks, they rank first allowing just 101.4 per 100 possessions.
The Bucks enter tonight losing three of their last five games but are still 11-3 on the season and only a half game behind the Boston Celtics for the best record in the NBA.
Despite the rest of the team dealing with injuries, Giannis Antetokounmpo continues to dominate, averaging 29.9 points per game while adding 11.8 rebounds and 5.5 assists.
Bucks-76ers Betting Notes
- Sixers are 4-4 against the spread at home.
- Sixers have won and covered in three straight home games.
- Sixers are 6-3 SU and ATS over last nine games.
- Bucks are 3-2 against the spread on the road.
- Bucks are 8-2 SU and 7-3 ATS vs Sixers over last 5 seasons.
|Milwaukee Bucks||+1 (+108)||-104||O 212.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia 76ers||-1 (-112)||-112||U 212.5 (-110)|
DraftKings Sportsbook: Bet $5, Win $150 INSTANTLY
- Sign up for a new DraftKings account
- Make Your First Deposit
- Bet $5+ On Any Sport
- Get $150 In Free Bets Instantly
The line for tonights game opened at Bucks +2.5 and is now just +1. The public loves a good Bucks underdog line and honestly, I can’t blame them given the 76ers’ struggles to start the 2022-23 season. However, whenever the public loves something, I typically look the other way and fade. I think Embiid is locked in tonight in front of a home crowd on a nationally televised game.
76ers Money Line -112
Tonight’s Player Props
- Joel Embiid: 30+ Points (-110)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: 25+ Points (-320)
- Tobias Harris: 2+ Made Threes (-350)
- Joel Embiid: 10+ Rebounds (-220)
- Joel Embiid: 4+ Assists (-270)
- Philadelphia 76ers ML (-112)