Eagles RT Lane Johnson etched his name into NFL history books in Week 14
Despite being overlooked by the national media on a regular basis, Eagles RT Lane Johnson is one of the best offensive lineman in the game today.
Scratch that, he’s one of the best overall players in the entire league, hands down. From his strength in the running game to his near perfect pass protection skills, Johnson is invaluable to his Eagles offense.
If you needed any further evidence of that, Johnson made NFL history this past week against the New York Giants.
For the 26th consecutive game, Johnson finished Sunday’s game without giving up a single sack.
NFL Week 15 Sportsbook Offers
- FOX BET – $500 RISK FREE
- POINTSBET – $2000 IN SECOND CHANCE BETS
- FANDUEL – $1,000 NO SWEAT FIRST BET
- UNIBET – $500 RISK-FREE
- DRAFTKINGS – BET $5, WIN $200 FREE
- BETMGM – $1,000 RISK-FREE
Jason Kelce is the face of the Eagles offensive line, but there’s no doubt Johnson has more than played his part in the unit’s dominance.
Per Pro Football Focus, Johnson is currently the sixth-highest graded offensive tackle in the game. earning an overall grade of 83.3 through 14 weeks. His 89.5 pass blocking grade ranks third among 78 qualifying tackles. The Eagles RT hasn’t posted a pass blocking grade under 80.0 since 2019. The only season in which he earned a pass blocking grade under 70.0 was his rookie campaign back in 2013.
Johnson has been dominant week in and week out for the Eagles over the years. Yet, Johnson has only earned three trips to the Pro Bowl during his 10-year career. Last season, he received second-team All-Pro honors and still managed to miss out on a Pro Bowl bid.
It doesn’t add up. But whatever. Johnson knows how great he is and the Eagles organization clearly knows how valuable he is to the franchise.
This NFL record is just another feather in Johnson’s cap for his Hall of Fame worthy career.
Eagles vs. 49ers NFC Championship Game Preview, Key Matchups, Final Score Predictions – Grease the Poles
- Eagles vs. 49ers NFC Championship Game Preview, Key Matchups, Final Score Predictions
- The Philadelphia Eagles Are Once Again the Best Team in the NFL, Dallas Disappoints, Looking Ahead to NFC Championship
- Eagles-Giants Game Preview feat. Victor Williams, Expectations for Jalen Hurts, How Jonathan Gannon will Attack Daniel Jones, Score Predictions
- EAGLES DIVISIONAL ROUND WEEK! Initial Thoughts on Eagles-Giants, Reactions from Super Wildcard Weekend
- TRUE CRIME SPECIAL: Bryan Kohberger and the Grisly Idaho University Murders
Mandatory Credit: NJ.com