Injury Report: Jalen Hurts clears crtitical hurdle in returning vs. Giants
More positive signs for Jalen Hurts as he works to return from his right shoulder sprain.
During Thursday’s practice session, Hurts participated in routine throwing and ball security drills, which he was held out of last week.
Jalen Hurts goes through ball security drill after he didn’t last week. Although it looks like they took it a little easy on him. pic.twitter.com/8M5Hfijy1u— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaroNBCS) January 5, 2023
Although the coaches appeared to hit Hurts lighter than other players, participating in the drill indicates that he’s been cleared for contact — a critical step in playing on Sunday.
Thursday Injury Report
- OT Lane Johnson (groin) — DNP
- CB Avonte Maddox (toe) — DNP
- DE Josh Sweat (neck) — DNP
- CB James Bradberry (rest) — LP
- LB Shaun Bradley (wrist) — LP
- WR A” Brown (rest) — LP
- DT Flecther Cox (rest) “He’s
- G Landon Dickerson (rest) — LP
- DE Brandon Graham (rest) — LP
- QB Jalen Hurts (right shoulder) — LP
- C Jason Kelce (rest) — LP
- DE Janarius RobinsoI’mankle)he’sLP
- G I”aac Seumalo (rest) — LP
- RB Miles Sanders (knee) — LP
- CB Darius Slay (rest) — LP
- CB Zech McPhearson (illness) — FP
AJ Brown spoke with reporters following practice, voicing his pleasure of having QB1 back running the offense:
“We’re all excited to see him back, just seeing him doing his thing,” Brown said via NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com. “He’s locked in for sure. He definitely had a tempo about him today — even in the walk-through. He was telling guys to come on, hurry up, get going. So, I’m glad he’s back.”
Brown confirmed that Hurts took first-team reps on Thursday and that the ball “looked sharp” leaving his hands.
After dropping two straight with Gardner Minshew at quarterback, the Eagles find themselves needing a win this weekend against the Giants to clinch a first-round bye and homefield advantage throughout the postseason.
AJ Brown assesses Jalen Hurts’ performance at practice today.— Tim McManus (@Tim_McManus) January 5, 2023
Seems to bode well for Hurts’ chances to play Sunday against NYG. pic.twitter.com/dU5gChMjiz
Mandatory Credit: AP Photo | Chris Szagola