Eagles Buzz: Jalen Hurts nominated for 2023 ESPY Awards
Nominees for Best NFL Player
- Nick Bosa, San Francisco 49ers
- Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagles
- Justin Jefferson, Minnesota Vikings
- Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
Hurts, 24, was the MVP runner-up last season, throwing for 3,701 yards, 22 TDs, and 6 INTs while rushing for 760 yards and 13 TDs — one shy of the single-season record.
This time last year, Hurts was viewed as a promising talent with visible flaws but displayed the willingness to improve, and he did just that in 2022 en route to an appearance in Super Bowl LVII:
|2021 stats||2022 stats|
FanDuel Sportsbook: Bet $5, Win $200 INSTANTLY
- Sign up for a new FanDuel account
- Make your first deposit of $10 or more
- Place a real-money wager on any sport
- Get up to $1000 back in bonus bets
Hurts’ stellar 2022 campaign earned a five-year, $255M contract extension, effectively making him the face of the franchise. Philly’s signal-caller has stiff competition in Super Bowl adversary Patrick Mahomes, but being nominated for the award is an honor within itself.
The ESPY Awards will air on July 12 at 8 PM on ABC.
Powered by RedCircle
Mandatory Credit: Getty Images