Best Bets: Eagles Bye Week Edition
The banged up Eagles have a much needed bye in week 9, allowing The Misery Report to deviate from losing on player props to winning on league-wide bets.
Honestly, the Giants and Cowboys games were so uninspiring and unenjoyable to watch, I am not sure I could stomach Carson & Co. struggling to move the ball 3 weeks in a row.
After starting out hot in week 7, we regressed and went 0-4 last week. Between the tropical storm force winds blowing across South Philly to Ben DiNucci seemingly playing quarterback for the first time in his life, we were losers before the game even began. I extend my apologies but we’re back this week.
If you are still riding with The Misery Report you have more money in your pocket then when you started. But I probably wouldn’t listen to a word we say at this point. We wont hold it against you.
My best bets are below…
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay over 50.5
New Orleans +4
The Saints over is 7-0 this season. The Bucs over is 5-3. New Orleans is expected to get Michael Thomas back on the field while Antonio Brown suits up for the first time for the Bucs.
Underdogs are 17-7 against the spread (ATS) in such contests (primetime) this season and 43-31 ATS since the start of last season.
• New Orleans is 24-9 ATS as an underdog since 2014 and 7-1 ATS as an underdog since 2018.
Chicago Bears @ Tennessee Titans over 47
When Ryan Tannehill starts regular-season games for Tennessee, overs are 15-2, including 6-1 this season.
New England -7 & ML -480 @ New York Jets
• No way in hell Bill Belichick loses this game to Adam Gase on national television. Even with the Pats struggling at 2-5 this season, I don’t see any possible way the Jets can win this game.
• New York is 1-9 ATS off more than six days rest since 2017 (1-4 ATS under Adam Gase).
Las Vegas Raiders ML -115 @ Los Angeles Chargers
• The Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their past five tilts as road underdogs.
• Since the start of the 2018 campaign, the Chargers are 3-11-1 ATS as home favorites.