Eagles DT Jordan Davis says he dropped 20 pounds while rehabbing his high ankle sprain
Eagles first-round rookie defensive tackle Jordan Davis sustained a high ankle sprain during a Week 8 contest with the Steelers and was subsequently placed on injured reserve.
Davis is eligible to return from IR this week. On Wednesday, the team activated the rookie’s 21-day practice window, indicating he’ll be back on the field sooner than later.
It’s still unclear if he’ll suit up for the Eagles Week 13 matchup with Tennessee. If he manages to get out there, fans will see a slimmer, more conditioned version of the Georgia product.
When speaking with reporters at his locker following Thursday’s practice session, Jordan Davis revealed he’s lost upwards of 20 pounds while rehabbing his injury.
Jordan Davis on hs rapid weight loss
DraftKings Sportsbook: Bet $5, Win $150 INSTANTLY
- Sign up for a new DraftKings account
- Make Your First Deposit
- Bet $5+ On Any Sport
- Get $150 In Free Bets Instantly
“Y’all will be surprised, but I lost 20 pounds since I was out,” Davis said. “Conditioning is high. Even just now, I came in from doing the bike. So, I’m just doing whatever I can.”
A potentially quicker, more nimble Jordan Davis should strike fear into any offensive lineman facing him. Davis’ massive size was one of his many calling cards coming out college, but his conditioning was arguably his biggest question mark.
If Davis is now able to play more than 25 snaps per game for Jonathan Gannon’s defense, while continuing to impose his will in the run game, this is an obvious win for the Eagles.
“You want to be able to come back and be the same person you were before, or even better,” he continued. “That’s one thing that I strived for while I was out.”
Davis also noted that nutrition played a pivotal role in his rehab and that he feels great being back on the practice field.
Ultimately, the coaching staff will decide whether or not Davis suits up in Week 13, as the rookie later pointed out. From the Eagles standpoint, Davis’ return would be timely. Derrick Henry is one of the best backs in the league and Gannon’s defense will need all hands on deck if they hope to contain him.
Listen to the most recent episode of Grease the Poles
Eagles vs. 49ers NFC Championship Game Preview, Key Matchups, Final Score Predictions – Grease the Poles
- Eagles vs. 49ers NFC Championship Game Preview, Key Matchups, Final Score Predictions
- The Philadelphia Eagles Are Once Again the Best Team in the NFL, Dallas Disappoints, Looking Ahead to NFC Championship
- Eagles-Giants Game Preview feat. Victor Williams, Expectations for Jalen Hurts, How Jonathan Gannon will Attack Daniel Jones, Score Predictions
- EAGLES DIVISIONAL ROUND WEEK! Initial Thoughts on Eagles-Giants, Reactions from Super Wildcard Weekend
- TRUE CRIME SPECIAL: Bryan Kohberger and the Grisly Idaho University Murders
Mandatory Credit: AP Photo