Eagles News: Three-time Pro Bowl punter visits team following Arryn Siposs injury
It looks like the Philadelphia Eagles are in the market for a new punter.
Punter Arryn Siposs got injured on a botched punt during Sunday’s contest with the New York Giants. After his punt got blocked in the second quarter, Siposs decided to pick up the ball in an attempt to get the first down. In doing so, he tweaked his ankle and is now going to be out indefinitely, per NFL insider Tom Pelissero.
Following this news, Pelissero also reported that the Eagles brought in three-time Pro Bowl punter Brett Kern for a workout.
Kern, 36, has played 14 seasons in the NFL with two different teams, Denver and Tennessee. From 2017-’19, Kerns made three-straight Pro Bowls and earned first-team All-Pro honors in 2019.
The 36-year-old punter played last season, where he averaged 44.8 yards per punt.
More on the Eagles
- Encouraging injury updates on Reed Blankenship, Lane Johnson
- WATCH: Eagles fans shower Jalen Hurts with MVP chants at MetLife Stadium after dominating 48-22 victory
- Playoff Picture: How the Eagles Can Clinch the Division Title AND First-Round Bye
DraftKings Sportsbook: Bet $5, Win $150 INSTANTLY
- Sign up for a new DraftKings account
- Make Your First Deposit
- Bet $5+ On Any Sport
- Get $150 In Free Bets Instantly
Mandatory Credit: USA Today