Beercan Bets Week 3: Streaking with The Valley
It’s time for another edition of Beercan Bets. This week we are up to $40.25 on our journey to turn $25 into $25k. After last week’s winning pick of the Memphis Grizzlies, we’re back at it tonight, looking for a winner in tonight’s slate of NBA games.
As a brief refresher our goal with Beercan Bets is to do the following:
- Download the Parx Sportsbook app and enter the code LIBERTYLINE with your initial $25 deposit.(Note: If you have been following along feel free to skip this part and just move right to step 2.)
- Select one moneyline bet to wager the full $25 (or previous week’s winnings) on.
- Win. (Last week we actually did this! If you bet with me last week you are now up to $40.25 congratulations!)
- Apply the total amount won to another single moneyline bet next week.
- Repeat steps 2 thru 4 until we have accumulated $25,000 in winnings.
It’s a lean night in the Association.
There are only three games to choose from for this week’s Beercan Bets. The Suns at the Mavericks, The Pelicans at the Knicks, and the Pacers at the Warriors.
The easy thing would be to pick the Warriors to win tonight. They should have an absolute cake walk against the Pacers. However a quick peek at the odds reveals a potential payout of only $5.00 on our $40.25 bet. We’ll never make it $25k if we play odds like that.
No. We have to look to find our moneyline bet between the early games tonight.
Beercan Bets Week 3 Pick
Of these two games the one that has the best value for us moneyline bettors is the Suns at the Mavericks.
The Mavs have been on a tear lately…so we’re going with the Suns.
Dallas blew out the Grizzlies earlier this week and won a close game against the Raptors last night. Luka Dončić scored 41 points and needed every one of them to close out Toronto. This is where our value pick comes in.
The Suns are the number one team in the West. They are coming in to play a Mavericks team who should be winded on the second half of a back to back.
They should be a stronger favorite but current sit at -143 on the moneyline.
Devin Booker just scored 48 points against the Spurs on Monday and has been dominant all season long. I see no reason why Phoenix shouldn’t be able to pull out the win here. Kendall Jenner’s boyfriend can’t possibly let us all down!
Mandatory Credit: Michael Chow/The Republic