WATCH: Philadelphia Eagles 53-man roster breakdown
Finally, we have arrived at the 2021 NFL season. No more preseason games and the long and often drug-out roster evaluation period has come to an end.
The NFL loves to make the season as long as possible, and even with just three preseason games on the schedule, the entire lead-up to week one of the NFL regular season seems incredibly long. Thank god it’s all over. Goodbye joint practices and overreactions. It’s time to play some real football.
Last Tuesday, the Philadelphia Eagles had to trim down to a 53-man roster. The Eagles made many crucial decisions at wide receiver, offensive line, and in their secondary on defense. Headscratchers? Definitely. Other decisions were way more obvious.
Many thought the Eagles would keep four running backs on the active roster, but instead, they sent Jordan Howard to the practice squad. They also waived two receivers while one who many thought should be gone remained on the active roster.
Notable moves from the Eagles:
- John Hightower (WR) waived, retained on Practice Squad
- Travis Fulgham (WR) waived, retained on Practice Squad
- Matt Pryor (OL) Traded to Colts
- Andrew Adams (S) cut
- Raequan Williams (DT) cut
- Jordan Howard (RB) cut, retained on Practice Squad
- Richard Rodgers (TE) cut
- Jason Huntley (RB) cut, retained on Practice Squad
- Craig James (CB) released, retained on Practice Squad
- Michael Jacquet (CB) waived, retained on Practice Squad
On the latest episode of The Philly Pod, we broke down the Eagles’ final 53-man roster. Make sure you subscribe to ThePhillyPodTV YouTube channel and check out this episode plus many more as we approach week one against the Atlanta Falcons next Sunday.
The Philly Pod is brought to you by Parx Sportsbook, the only sportsbook backed by the #1 casino in PA. Follow them on Twitter @ParxSportsbook.
Mandatory Credit: Getty Images