Roster Moves: Eagles sign Pro Bowl punter Brett Kern to replace injured Arryn Siposs
With punter Arryn Siposs out indefinitely with a lower body injury, the Philadelphia Eagles have signed veteran punter Brett Kern to help fill the void.
Kern visited with the team early Monday morning following the Siposs injury news. Now, he’ll fill in for the injured Aussie.
Kern, 36, has played 15 seasons in the NFL with two seperate franchises, Denver and Tennessee. From 2017-’19, Kern made three consecutive Pro Bowls and earned first-team All-Pro honors in 2019.
Although he hasn’t played at all in 2022, he was in the NFL just last season, where he averaged 44.8 yards per punt with the Titans.
The severity of Siposs’ injury has not yet been revealed, but it’s obvious that it’s worse than the coaching staff expected. Kern will fill in for the time being. Hopefully, Siposs will be fully healthy and ready to go by the postseason.
More on the Eagles
- Eagles Week 14 PFF Grades: Jalen Hurts leads the way offensively; Brandon Graham continues to impress
- Encouraging injury updates on Reed Blankenship, Lane Johnson
- WATCH: Eagles fans shower Jalen Hurts with MVP chants at MetLife Stadium after dominating 48-22 victory
DraftKings Sportsbook: Bet $5, Win $150 INSTANTLY
- Sign up for a new DraftKings account
- Make Your First Deposit
- Bet $5+ On Any Sport
- Get $150 In Free Bets Instantly
Mandatory Credit: CBS Sports