The New York Mets now have concerns with Carlos Correa’s physical, right leg, and his deal is now in jeopardy
In the midst of all the chaos in the world, we should be thankful this holiday weekend that one thing ALWAYS remains consistent. The New York Mets are the New York Mets.
According to reports this morning, the Mets are the latest team to express concern about Carlos Correa’s medical records and are currently trying to work through those issues this weekend.
Carlos Correa’s New York Mets Physical is NOT GOOD
Correa, 28, required arthroscopic surgery to repair a fractured right fibula and minor ligament damage after he hit an RBI triple and his spike got stuck on the bag in June 2014, when he was 19 and still in the minor leagues with the Astros. Astros GM Jeff Luhnow said at the time Correa’s fracture was nearer to the ankle than his knee.
In eight major-league seasons, Correa has never gone on the injured list with a right-leg problem. He made reference to the hardware in his leg after a game on Sept. 20 in which he appeared to be injured following a hard slide, but missed no time afterward.
“He just hit my plate,” Correa told reporters. “I had surgery and he hit it. Just kind of felt numb. Vibrating. So I was just waiting for it to calm down. It was a little scary, but when I moved I knew it was good.”
In the middle of the night last week, it was announced that Carlos Correa would be leaving the San Francisco Giants and signing with the New York Mets on a 12-year $315M contract.
What an absolute disaster. We’ll see how it all plays out but there’s a ton of questions regarding the deal itself, Correa leaving the Giants for New York, and the handling of the entire situation by his agent, Scott Boras. Regardless, I hope the process is drawn out for months with no resolution and the New York Mets, Correa, Steve Cohen and Boras have a miserable time trying to figure out the best way moving forward.