Eagles hand out $480,000 to undrafted free agents
When the Eagles signed their seven undrafted free agents following the 2021 NFL Draft, they gave $480,000 worth of guaranteed money in their contracts. Compared to last season, this is a lot less. In 2020 the Eagles gave $764,000 out between 13 UDFAs. Here is a complete list of the seven undrafted free agents guaranteed money.
- Jamie Newman: $0
- JaQuan Bailey: $40,000 guaranteed, $15,000 signing bonus
- Harry Crider: $42,500 guaranteed, $22,500 signing bonus
- Jhamon Ausbon: $80,000 guaranteed, $10,000 signing bonus
- Trevon Grimes: $82,500 guaranteed, $7,500 signing bonus
- Kayode Awosika: $112,500 guaranteed, $12,500 signing bonus
- Jack Stoll: $122,500 guaranteed, $22,500 signing bonus
Some of the notable points here include Jamie Newman not receiving a single dollar of guaranteed money. Currently, the Eagles don’t have a third-string QB on their roster, and Newman seemed like the ideal choice for the slot.
Also, Jack Stoll receiving so much money likely means he will find a place on the final 53 or the practice squad. That makes sense with Zach Ertz likely departing and no set backup TE on the roster. These contracts are three-year minimum deals worth up to $940,000 in the third season alongside the Eagles holding RFA rights.
Mandatory Credit: 24/7 Sports