Roster Moves: Phillies recall Rafael Marchan, move to 60-Day IL, making room for Bryson Stott
The Phillies recalled Rafael Marchan, then placed him on the 60-day IL to make room for infielder Bryson Stott on the 40-man roster.
Bryson Stott wasn’t predicted to even be in the majors for Opening Day at the beginning of spring training. Now, Stott should be named the Phillies’ Opening Day starter at the hot corner.
Stott hit .406/.513/.563 in 32 at-bats this spring, tallying 13 hits, 6 runs scored, 3 RBIs, and an OPS of 1.076. Stott turned heads last year in the minors and the AFL and proved that he’s the man for the job over the last three weeks. Stott will wear #5 with the team.
The Phillies are ready to go for Opening Day on Friday, when they take on the Oakland Athletics at Citizens Bank Park. First pitch 3:05 EST.
Welcome to the show.
- MLB Futures: Bryson Stott, Matt Vierling, Mickey Moniak Odds to Win NL Rookie of the Year
- MLB Futures: Player Odds for Regular Season Stat Leaders
- MLB Futures: World Series and Awards Odds
- MLB Futures: Season Stat Totals and Matchbets
- MLB Futures: Season Win Totals and Playoff Odds
Mandatory Credit: Phillies